TheCode on Wagesreplaces four laws the Payment ofWagesAct, 1936; the MinimumWagesAct, 1948; the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965; and the Equal Remuneration Act, 1976.
There is a number of labor laws applicable to run a business organization. Therefore each organization needs to know about them so that they can be complied with. In case of any failure, ignorance of the law will not be acceptable. In modern times, all corporate organizations, therefore, make every effort to ensure that all labor laws as applicable to their kind of organization where they are complied with.
The program helps in creating a healthy work culture in an organisation with employers and employees. With the objective of making the corporate managers aware of the most important of such laws and their broad provisions, the program has been organized.
Who Should Attend:
- Corporate (Manufacturing, Trading and Service Industry)
- HR Personnel and Pay Roll Processing Personnel
- Admin and Finance Department Personnel
- Traders and Businessmen
- Labour Law Practitioners
- Salary Department
- Labour Law Compliance Personnel
- Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Cost Accountant,
With Latest Amendments:
- An Over View of The Code on Wages, 2019.
- The Employees State Insurance Scheme (ESIC) in 1948.
- The Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
- The Payment of Bonus Act 1948.
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
- The Employees Compensation Act, 1923.
- The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
The program will cover the following aspects for the above acts:
- Recent / Latest Amendments
- Coverage & applicability
- Important highlights
- Compliance aspects
- Care to be taken by the employer to avoid penal consequences
- Important judicial pronouncements
- Practical issues in day to day compliance.
- Which acts are clubbed together under The Code onWages 2019?
- Whether rules under The Code onWages 2019, Notification issued?
- What is Floor Wage under The Code onWages 2019?
- What are the penalties for the non-compliances under The Code on Wages 2019?
- What is a coverable limit of ESI w.e.f from 1st January 2017?
- Whether ESI is applicable on Gross Salary or Basic Salary?
- ESI Act is applicable to whom and what is its benefit.
- Unemployment benefit payable under the ESI Act? & When?
- Whether voluntary coverage under possible under ESI?
- ESI Covered Employees after retirement what is eligibility criteria.
- ESIC: Documents for Registration / obtaining Code Number.
- ESI payment has to be made before which date.
- Whether the ESIC Act is Applicable after attaining the 65 years of age.
- A minimum number of attendance required for eligibility of bonus.
- Calculation and Forfeiture of Gratuity and Bonus.
- Bonus is Payable on Rs. 7,000/- or minimum wages under schedule employment when basic + DA is Rs. 21,000/-
- Whether monthly Bonus is payable under the Bonus Act?If yes then how?
- What is salary/wages (Basic + D.A) limit and on what amount Bonus is calculated?
- When Gratuity is applicable and payable.
- Gratuity is payable on which components of salary?
- What is the maximum limit under the Gratuity Act, for which Income tax exemption canbe claimed?
- When female employee is entitled to the maternity benefit and when it can be forfeited.
- Is there a limit for ex-gratia payment? Is it compulsory?
- Whether Employer can pay more amount of Gratuity then prescribed under the Act? If yes under what circumstances?
- What is the recent amendment in the Maternity Benefit Act? Whether it is for 12 weeks are 26 weeks?
- Minimum Number of Days attendance required is required for entitlement of Maternity under the Maternity Benefit Act
- Recent amendments/updates on, ESI, Bonus Act?
- Contract Employees: ESI; Bonus; Gratuity; payable by whom.
- What is the judgment of Supreme Court dated 28th Feb 2019 regarding PF Contribution Payable on which component of salary?
- What is the Magic salary/wages of Rs.15000/- (Basic + D.A) under the Provident Fund Act?
- Whether voluntary coverage us possible under ESI & PF?
- Excluded Employee under the Provident Fund.
- Under Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme what is the maximum amount payable?
- ESI & PF payment has to be made before which date?
Event link: https://www.eventshigh.com/detail/Kolkata/69a3c732f96dba81842ec2932a02408d-Code-on-Wages-2019-PF?src=mypoolin