This IoT training is a LIVE Instructor led training delivered from December 7- Decmber 29, 2019 for 16 hours over 4 weekends, 8 sessions, 2 sessions per weekend, 2 hours per session.
This training begins with an Introduction to IoT (Internet of Things), where and how IoT is being implemented today, IoT potential to transform the world as we know it, IoT architecture, different devices and technologies which can be part of an IoT solution and more.
- 4 weekends | Saturday, Sunday
- 7:30 - 9:30 AM US Pacific time each day
- December 7 - 29, 2019 US Pacific time
Features and Benefits
- 4 weekends, 8 sessions, 16 hours of total Instructor led LIVE training
- Training material, instructor handouts and access to useful resources on the cloud provided
- Practical Hands on Lab exercises provided
- Actual code and scripts provided
- Real-life Scenarios
What is IoT?
IoT (Internet of Things) is a system of interconnected devices and things such as computing machines, mechanical, digital machines, objects, animals that are connected over the internet. These devices and things can transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. The built-in technology in the objects helps them interact with internal states or the external environment, which in turn affects the decisions taken.
What are the Course Objectives?
- Complete knowledge of IoT technology.
- Learn features, benefits, core concepts, background technologies of IoT.
- Understand sensors, communication interfaces microcontrollers to design and build IoT devices.
- Understand how to construct prevalent computing architectures.
Who should take this Course?
Working Professionals who are interested in learning IoT.
Solution Architects, Technical Architects, Software Developers and those who are seeking IoT knowledge
Familiarity with Computer concepts, basics of Linux and Python
- What is IoT?
- How is IoT applied in various domains?
- Use cases ranging from Smart Cities to IoT
- How large is the IoT Market in various domains?
2. IoT Architecture
- IoT Technology Stack
- Sensors and Actuators
- Hardware Platforms
- Wireless Communication Protocols
- Network Communication Protocols
- Cloud, its components and IoT
- Data Streaming in IoT
- Data Store and IoT
- Analytics & Visualization for IoT
3. Sensor and Actuator
- What is Sensor, what is Actuator?
- What is a suitable sensor?
- Properties of Sensors and their classifications
- Types of Sensors and Actuators
- How do typical Sensors and Actuators work?
- Categories of sensors - Commercial, Industrial, Military, Medical, Food grade sensors
- Selecting a sensor for your use case
- IoT Hardware Platform & comparison
- Criteria for choosing a Hardware platform
4. Overview of Raspberry pi and Arduino Hardware
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi
- Introduction to Arduino Open Source Microcontroller Platform
- Schematics, PCB Design Tools and prototyping steps
- Raspberry Pi and Arduino Board Layout & Architecture
- Why Raspberry Pi?
- Why Arduino?
5. Fundamentals of Programming with Arduino
- Learn to program Arduino with Arduino IDE
- Learn to make your Arduino respond to sensors and actuators
- Reading data from analog and Digital Sensors
- Writing data to analog (PWM)
- How to write data to Digital Actuators
6. How to Interface Sensors and Actuators with Hardware
- How to connect sensors to Arduino to read data from sensors and display data such as Temperature, Humidity, Distance, Light, Moisture, Gas (Methane and Alcohol), Proximity, Motion) on the serial monitor.
- Connecting actuator to Arduino and controlling Actuator via LED, Relay, Push button, Buzzer
- Controlling a motor (actuator) by sensing Temperature
- Controlling a buzzer using Ultrasonic ranger
- PIR (Human presence) - (Combining sensors to avoid false alarms)
- Using moisture sensor to control sprinklers using relay by sensing moisture in the soil.
7. How to Program Raspberry Pi board
- How to work with Raspberry Pi 3 Model
- How to install OS and design Systems using Raspberry pi
- How to configure Raspberry Pi for VNC Connection
8. Introduction to Linux Operating System
9. How to get started with Python
- Variables, Functions, Control Structure
- File Handling in Python and Importing or Exporting Data
10. Interface sensor and Actuator with Raspberry Pi
11. IoT Communication Protocol
12. IoT Wireless Protocols
- RFID, NFC, Blue Tooth, BLE, ZigBee, and Zwave Mesh network
- Comparison between Wireless Protocols
- How to select wireless Protocol based on the use case
13. IoT Communication Channels
- Wi-Fi, GSM/GPRS, 2G, 3G, LTE
- Comparison of Communication Channels
- How to select communication channels based on use case
14. Network Protocols in IoT
- MQTT, MQTTS, CoAP, 6LoWPAN, TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS
15. Comparison of the Network protocols
- Selection of Network Protocol based on Use Case
16. Introduction to IPv4 and IPv6
- Issues with IPv4 in IoT
- How IPv6 resolves the problems with IPv4
- RF protocol Application issues
- Power consumption, LOS, reliability, Security aspects
17. TCP/UDP Transport Layer Protocol
- Introduction to TCP and UDP
- Difference between TCP/UDP Transport layer protocol
- How to test TCP v/s UDP by python socket programming
18. HTTP Application layer IOT Protocol
- Introduction to the HTTP protocol
- Structure of HTTP Protocol
- Start with HTTP protocol GET/POST Method
- How to work on python Flask library design web page
- Control thing from the webpage using the HTTP protocol
- Publish sensor data over the web server
19. MQTT IOT Protocol
- Introduction to MQTT
- Why MQTT?
- Features of MQTT
- MQTT Subscribe/Publish
- MQTT Broker
- MQTT QoS
- MQTT Security
20. MQTT and Raspberry Pi
- How to install Mosquito MQTT broker
- How to Publish and Subscribe test on local server broker
- Start with Paho MQTT
- Publish and subscribe on iot.eclipse platform
21. CoAP IOT Protocol
- Introduction to CoAP
- CoAP IOT protocol Architecture
- Difference between HTTP & COAP
- Implement of CoAP using CoAPthon Python library
- Design server and client using Python
22. IoT Cloud Platform (Ubidot)
- Read data from sensors,
- Create a JSON Object
- Establish HTTPS connection using Wi-Fi
- How to send JSON data to Ubidot Rest API over HTTPS
- Create business rules in Ubidot for alarms
- Send Data to Ubidot platform
- How to create rules and configure Alarm with SMS and Email for your device
- How to send data to Ubidot which will trigger the alarm
- How to create and configure Chart/Graph for visualization
- How to Control the actuator from Ubidot using polling technique
23. Introduction to Big Data and Big data technologies
24. Cloud Computing
- What is cloud?
- What is cloud computing?
- Benefits of the cloud.
- Deployment Models.
- Top cloud providers.
- Service Models
- Service Catalogue
- Advantages for different offerings
- Introduction to AWS
- Service provided by AWS E2C, SimpleDB RDS, Dynamo DB, Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, Cloud Watch, Route 53, VPC, Elastic Load Balancing, S3, EBS, IAM
- Cloud data storage
- Introduction to Big Data
- Big Data Definition and Characteristics
- How is Big Data being generated?
- Big Data Analytics
- Why Big Data Analytics
- Applications of Big Data Analytics
- Different Data Stores
- Big Data Technologies CouchDB, MongoDB, Node4J
26. AWS IoT Setup for Application Development
- Introduction to AWS IoT
- Downloading SDK and configuring RaspberryPi
27. How to prepare Raspberry Pi to connect to AWS IoT
- Downloading Certificates from AWS IoT console
- Installing certificate in RaspberryPi
- Connecting Sensors to RaspberryPi II.
28. Connecting to AWS IoT
- Configuring RaspberryPi sketch to connect to AWS IoT through Wi-Fi
- Establishing MQTT Connection
- Publishing Sensor data to AWS IoT Shadow
- Subscribing MQTT Topic and controlling actuator from the shadow
29. How to send Data from raspberry Pi to AWS IoT
- Run Ultrasonic ranger sketch in RaspberryPi and check
- Updating of data from Raspberry Pi to AWS Shadow
30. Dynamo DB
- Configuration of Dynamo DB
- Create a table in Dynamo DB
- Create a rule to link dynamo DB with AWS IOT
- Store sensor data From AWS IOT in Dynamo DB
- Set up SNS service
- Test SNS service by publish and subscribe
- Create a rule and link with AWS IOT
- Notify through mail when Publisher publish data
Event link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/iot-training-in-kolkata-internet-of-things-training-introduction-to-iot-training-for-beginners-tickets-79929951637?aff=ebapi