The Cathedral of the Most Holy Rosary, commonly known as the Portuguese Church, in Kolkata, is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Calcutta. It is also known as the known as the Murgihata Church and was founded in 1799. The cathedral has a decorated pediment, flanked on either side by two domed towers and an extended portico with arched entrance way. The interior contains beautiful sculptures including 14 Stations of the Cross. Behind the altar, there are the figures of Madonna and Child. The remains of the first Archbishop of Calcutta lie below the altar.
Book hotels near Cathedral of the Most Holy Rosary on MiStay.