Sankey tank , a manmade lake or tank, is situated in the western part of Bangalore in the middle of the suburbs of Malleshwaram, Vyalikaval and Sadashiva Nagar. The lake covers an area of about 15 ha . At its widest, the tank has a width of 800 m Sankey tank was constructed by Col. Richard Hieram Sankey of the Madras Sappers Regiment, in 1882, to meet the water supply demands of Bangalore. The tank was also known as Gandhadhakotikere, as the Government Sandalwood Depot used to be located near the lake.
Book hotels near Sankey tank on MiStay.