The ‘Pink City’ of India is undoubtedly one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, and rightly so. Its inexplicably rich cultural heritage that throngs in the city from the streets to the forts is something that every pair of eyes should witness. Paired with the dense history and the unbelievably beautiful flora and fauna, Jaipur spells out to be the perfect city to visit, be it for solo travelers, group trips, or even couples.
Jaipur has a lot to offer. It has been ranked at the seventh position for “The Best Cities to visit in Asia” in the 2008 Conde Nast Traveler Readers Choice Survey. As such, the city harbors many sites of interests, from historical monuments to fancy restaurants in plenty.
Jaipur is one of the most historically rich cities in India as well. It was home to generations of kings and as a result harbors many luxurious palaces, forts, temples, step wells and monuments, showcasing the grandeur and lavish heritage that Jaipur has enjoyed over various centuries.
Jaipur is also a very popular wedding destination, and the availability of a large number of high-end hotels and suites makes it perfect for getting some rest and rejuvenation. It is also a popular stop for luxury trains, the details of which you can check out here!
All in all, Jaipur is a must visit city for everyone since it has a plethora of stunning locations and views which you can enjoy with alone, with your significant other or even with your friends. To book hotels by the hour in Jaipur, visit our website.
Must visit historical sites
Since Jaipur has such rich cultural heritage, historical sites are important. Here are some popular must visit historical sites you just cannot miss!
· Amer or Amber fort is a principle attraction of Jaipur. Built by Raja Man Singh, it is renowned for its artistic style elements.
The Amber fort is a feat of architectural marvel, constructed in marble and sandstone spreading over 4 levels.
· Hawa mahal is a vast and extensively beautiful marvel of architecture with 953 windows and is perfect for exploring. Hawa Mahal, literally translating to “The Palace of Breeze” is one of the star attractions of the Pink City. https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=96205635
· Nahargarh fort is unanimously agreed to be the best spot to view the city of Jaipur. Located in the Aravalli mountain ranges, it towers at the highest location in the city. You can either trek your way there or rent a cycle to follow the popular cycle trail. In consequence, it offers the best view of the entire city one can hope to have. Consider booking hotels by the hour nearby to have easy accommodation.
· Literally meaning “Water Palace”, Jal mahal is a wonderful architectural marvel constructed right in the waters of the Man Sagar Lake in the city of Jaipur. The Jal mahal is an exemplary architectural showcase of the Rajput style of architecture.
Other Popular attractions
Apart from the quintessential forts, Jaipur has a lot more interesting places to explore. These are the ones you should know about!
· Central park is a very popular safe haven from the busy and bustling city life of Jaipur. The lush green trees and emerald vegetation give a fresh breath of air to the place. It has a 5 km long walking and jogging track so this is a perfect stop to take long, calming, romantic walks.
· The Jaipur Wax Museum is built right near the entrance of Nahargarh Fort so make sure to keep some time aside for visiting that. It features statues of popular celebrities, sports stars and other icons like Amitabh Bachchan, Mahatma Gandhi, Bhagat Singh, Rabindranath Tagore, Albert Einstein, Michael Jackson, Sawai Jai Singh II, and Maharani Gayatri Devi. http://www.tourism.rajasthan.gov.in/content/dam/rajasthan-tourism/english/city/explore/JWM01.jpg
· Local markets Jaipur is known for many of its unique garments, shoes, gemstones, artwork, handicrafts, painting and all other sorts of trinkets, so spend time in the streets of the Jaipur markets like Johri bazaar and bapu bazaar.
· SkyWaltz Balloon Safari offers a spectacular opportunity to view Jaipur from an aerial view of a hot air balloon. You could buy a ticket to share the balloon with other passengers or book the balloon completely for you and your partner.
Weddings and hotels and luxury trains
· The Majestic Tourist train. Staying true to its name, the train guides you through majestic tours of Rajasthan in two options, offering you the utmost comfort, excellent amenities and outstanding hospitality onboard.
· Jaipur also has its fair share of the lushest of greens paired with clear skies and of course, our favourite, the regal yet romantic feel of the whole city. The clear weather and the breath-taking gardens of the venues are the highlights of a Jaipur destination wedding. Some of the most lavish hotels for weddings are situated here.
Since Jaipur is such a popular tourist destination, it has a variety of hotels available, from budget friendly to 5 star. And all of these are also available for booking hotels by the hour on our website! Check it out to save up on some budget.
And that concludes our list of all you need to know about Jaipur. Read other such articles on our website!